Last Updated: 18th February 2021
ABN 58 600 525 915
- We respect your Privacy
- Bio Circuitry respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and Website visitors. We adhere to Australian Privacy Laws and the GDPR. This Policy sets out how we collect, store, disclose and use your Personal Information and Personal Data.
- By providing us with your Personal Information and Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, you consent to all the terms of this Policy.
Unless a contrary meaning appears in this Policy, the following words will have the meaning as provided below:
“Australian Privacy Laws” means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), Australian privacy principles and all other regulations made pursuant to such law, including any substitution and amendments;
“Bio Circuitry” means Bio Circuitry Pty Ltd ABN 58 600 525 915;
“GDPR” means general data protection regulation of the European Union currently in force, including any applicable amendments and substitutions which apply to EU and UK residents;
“Personal Data” as per the GDPR means any data that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person, this includes Sensitive Data about the person;
“Personal Information” is information which identifies a person or which assist in identifying a person, and also includes Sensitive Information about the person;
“Privacy Laws” means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), Australian privacy principles, GDPR and all other regulations made pursuant to such law, including any substitutions and amendments;
“Processing” or “Processed” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;”
“Sensitive Information” or “Sensitive Data” means information about a person’s health, sex life, sexual orientation, genetic or biometric data, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade-union membership;
“you” or “your” means a customer of Bio Circuitry and visitors of Bio Circuitry’s Website;
“we”, “us” or “our” means Bio Circuitry Pty Ltd; and
“Website” means www.biocircuitry.com.au
- Collection of Personal Information & Personal Data
- We will, from time to time, receive and store Personal Information and Personal Data you enter on our Website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- In order for us to effectively provide products and services to you, we will require you to provide us with your Personal Information and Personal Data such as your:
- Phone number;
- Postal Address;
- Email address;
- IP Address;
- Person’s Sex
- Sensitive Information or Sensitive Data i.e. pre-existing health conditions or ailments, may also be collected from you when you interact with us, which is reasonably necessary for our business functions or services which we provide to you.
- The specific purposes for which we collect your Personal Information and Personal Data are set out in clauses 4 and 7 of this Policy.
- You expressly agree for us to collect your Personal Information and Personal Data, including Sensitive Information and Sensitive Data as provided in clause 2 of this Policy.
- Method of Collecting your Personal Information & Personal Data
3.1 Bio Circuitry collects Personal Information and Personal Data from you in a variety of ways, such as:
(a) when you interact with us electronically, telephone or in person;
(b) when you access our Website;
(c) at the time of providing our products or services to you;
(d) when you provide us with a feedback;
(e) when you provide information about your personal or business affairs,
(f) change your content or email preference;
(g) respond to surveys and promotions;
(h) provide financial or credit card information;
(i) communicate with our customer support;
(j) from third parties through any of our affiliate products or services. If we receive such information, we will protect it as set out in this Policy and in accordance with Privacy Laws.
3.2 You expressly agree for us to collect your Personal Information and Personal Data through the methods as mentioned in clause 3.1 of this Policy.
- Disclosure of your Personal Information & Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Information and Personal Data to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, partners, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of our business or as set out in this Policy. You agree for us to disclose your Personal Information & Personal Data as mentioned in this clause 4.1.
- We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information and Personal Data to comply with legal requirements, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may disclose your Personal Information and Personal Data to protect the intellectual property rights, legal rights, property or safety of Bio Circuitry, our Website, users, customers or third parties. You agree for us to disclose your Personal Information & Personal Data as mentioned in this clause 4.3.
- We may disclose your Personal Information and Personal Data to our employees and contractors for the purposes of analysis, research, improving products and services, to better understanding your needs, marketing and providing products and services which may be of interest to you. You agree for us to disclose your Personal Information & Personal Data as mentioned in this clause 4.4.
- Overseas Disclosure & Processing of Personal Information & Personal Data
5.1 Your Personal Information may not be stored and Processed in Australia and likewise your Personal Data may also not be stored and Processed in the EU respectively, due to the various third-party services which Bio Circuitry utilises for its business. These third-party services like email, marketing and hosting services of Kartra.com whose servers are located in the USA, and website hosting services of siteground.com whose servers are located in Singapore. These companies may have overseas servers or data centres, and therefore your Personal Information and Personal Data that we collect, may from time to time be stored, processed, disclosed, used or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia and the EU respectively. We do not guarantee in any way, that the overseas recipient will adhere to Australian Privacy Laws and the GDPR. We therefore seek your express consent for sending your Personal Information and Personal Data overseas for the purposes of storage, processing, analysis, disclosure and use which will not be governed by Australian Privacy Laws and the GDPR.
5.2 You do acknowledge and understand that by virtue of you consenting to the overseas disclosure as provided in clause 5.1 of this Policy, if there happens to be a situation where the overseas recipient handles the Personal Information or Personal Data in breach of Privacy Laws:
- we will not be accountable under Australian Privacy Laws and the GDPR; and
- you will not be able to seek redress under Australian Privacy Laws and the GDPR.
5.3 You have the right to withdraw your consent provided as per clause 5 of this Policy at any time by contacting us.
5.4 After taking into consideration all the specific circumstances mentioned in clauses 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 of this Policy, you acknowledge and expressly agree for us to send your Personal Information outside of Australia and Personal Data outside of the EU for the purposes of storage, processing, analysis, disclosure and use which will not be governed by Australian Privacy Laws and the GDPR respectively.
- Disclosure as a result of Change in Control or Sale of Business
6.1 If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user and customer databases, together with any Personal Information, Personal Data and other information contained in those databases. This information may as a requirement of the change in control or sale be required to be disclosed to a potential purchaser pursuant to an agreement of confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- After taking into consideration clause 6.1 of this Policy, you expressly consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information and Personal Data as provided in clause 6.1 of this Policy.
- Use of your Personal Information & Personal Data
- We may use your Personal Information and Personal Data to reach out to you through email, SMS, post, phone, targeted online marketing and advertising in order to:
- provide you with information, updates, products and our services which may be of interest to you;
- make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities;
- to improve our products and services and better understand your needs;
- provide you with third party products and services that may be of interest to you. We wish to clarify, that we will not be disclosing your Personal Information and Personal Data to any third party in order for them to promote or sell their products or services to you, but we may use your Personal Information and Personal Data to directly offer third-party products and services that may be of interest to you.
7.2 You can at any time opt out of any direct marketing we provide to you, where our marketing materials will specifically inform you on how this can be done.
- After taking into consideration all the circumstances provided in clauses 7.1 and 7.2 of this Policy, you expressly consent to the use of your Personal Information and Personal Data for each of the categories mentioned in clause 7.1 of this Policy.
- Duration of Storing Personal Information & Personal Data
We will store your Personal Information and Personal Data only as long as we require that information or data for our business. Once we no longer require your Personal Information and Personal Data, all such information and data which is in our possession or control will be deleted from our records.
- Social Networking Services
Our Website may host other social networking applications like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, blogs, forums and such other services which allow you to share content with the public. Any Personal Information, Personal Data or other information which you share on any social media platform as described above, can be read, collected, stored and used by other users of that platform, over whom we have little or no control. After taking into consideration the circumstances mentioned in this clause, you expressly agree to using the social networking applications on our Website in order to share content with the public.
- Security of your Personal Information & Personal Data
- Bio Circuitry is committed to ensuring that the Personal Information and Personal Data you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal Information and Personal Data and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- The transmission and exchange of Personal Information and Personal Data is carried out at your own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information and Personal Data that you transmit to us or receive from us. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosure, we cannot assure you that the Personal Information and Personal Data which we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
- After taking into consideration the circumstances mentioned in clauses 10.1 and 10.2 above, you agree for us to secure and protect your Personal Information and Personal Data in a manner as reasonably required by us.
- Access to your Personal Information & Personal Data
- You may request details of your Personal Information or Personal Data that we store in accordance with Privacy Laws. Where permitted by applicable law, a small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information.
- If you would like a copy of your Personal Information or Personal Data the information which we hold about you or believe that any information which we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- When you request us to correct or update the Personal Information and/or Personal Data or if we are satisfied that the Personal Information and Personal Data which we have about you is inaccurate or needs to be updated, we will take all reasonable steps to correct the Personal Information and Personal Data to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your Personal Information and Personal Data under certain circumstances as permitted under Privacy Laws.
- After taking into consideration all the information mentioned in clauses 11.1 to 11.4 above, you expressly agree to each of the specific circumstances in order for you to access and update your Personal Information and Personal Data as provided in clause 11 of this Policy.
- Complaints about Privacy Issues or Other Matters
If you wish to contact us or lodge a complaint in regard to the collection, storage, safety, use or disclosure of your Personal Information and/or Personal Data, you can contact us via the details below. We take complaints very seriously and will respond within a reasonable time frame after receiving written notice of your complaint.
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 194
West Pennant Hills NSW 2125
+61 (0)403 794 332
Any complaint which needs to be brought to our notice, should be done in writing by email or through postal mail. A senior member of our staff will handle your request/complaint within a reasonable time frame and we will use our best efforts to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction as permitted by applicable law.
When contacting us, you have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym. However, this will not apply if it is impractical for us to communicate with you in that manner or if we are required or authorised under applicable law (or a court or tribunal order) to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
- Our Website
14.1 When you visit our Website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, Website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our Website, such that we can improve our service.
- Third Party Websites
Our Website may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Bio Circuitry is not responsible for the privacy practises of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our Website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personal Information or Personal Data.
- Our GDPR Compliance for EU & UK Residents
As a business for the purposes of collection, storage, processing, disclosure and use of Personal Data we do comply with the GDPR regulations applicable to EU and UK residents. Where you have provided us with valid consent to use your Personal Data, Bio Circuitry will use your Personal Data only for the purposes for which consent was provided.
- Your Rights
As a resident of the EU or UK you have various rights in relation to your Personal Data including:
- right to be informed;
- right of access;
- right of rectification;
- right of objection;
- right of restriction of processing;
- right of erasure or to be forgotten;
- right of data portability; and
- right not to be subjected to automated processing.
Please contact us if you need to object, restrict, delete or do anything else in relation to your Personal Data.
- Withdrawing your Consent
You can at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing from any communications you receive from us, withdraw your consent to collecting, processing or using your Personal Data. As a result of withdrawing your consent to us, Bio Circuitry may not be able to continue to provide you with its services or goods. Notwithstanding your right to withdraw consent, there may be valid legal reasons as permitted by law for us to continue to use or process your Personal Data.